We will be including many new email templates when we release the new email designer. But what if you wanted to have your own custom email template that utilizes all of the new email designer functionality? Just like the email designer – we made this easy to do.
(If you haven’t watched our first preview video I would suggest watching that first)
When creating a custom template you need to think about 3 different things:
- Editable Regions = These are the regions that content can go into. Users will be able to add and move content blocks within these regions.
- Style Regions = These are the style regions that your users will see when they click “style options” in the campaign designer. They can adjust the background, font, etc… on whatever region you set. Regions can be set on any block such as a td, div, etc..
- Content Blocks = These are the actual blocks of content. Think of it as your filler content. Content blocks can be edited (or deleted) by your users.
We will have full documentation prior to release on all the options available to template designers. Here are some notable items to be aware of though:
- The template designer has the same capabilities of the campaign designer with adding content
- Create any number of themes per template
- You can enter custom CSS for each theme
- When viewing your template you can click anywhere and quickly add CSS for what you clicked on (our CSS helper will add the proper class name for you)
- We will auto resize all of your images based on the block that you upload or drag/drop in (although you do have the option to set a fixed size)
- Inline styles are taken care of for you (so no need to code with inline CSS)
- We will automatically set a lot of the mobile/responsive CSS classes required to have a mobile version of your email. You can then tweak as desired
- You can quickly switch between design & source modes
- We will tell you if there are any issues with your code (including the line number)
- Full testing capabilities (send test, spam filter testing, etc..) while you edit your template