ActiveCampaign is a platform focused on email, marketing automation, and sales for small businesses.
We are looking for a talented full stack developer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user base.
Some things your day could consist of:
- Brainstorming with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas or investigate tricky bugs.
- Optimizing existing functionality for improved response times.
- Prototyping code with your first draft, then polishing later, in a dedicated developer environment.
- Debugging and resolving platform issues reported by our users.
- Letting creative ideas rule the day; don't settle for the first solution, search for the right one.
- Roll out a new feature and analyze (and react) to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback.
What is needed:
- Extensive & proven experience with PHP, MySQL, & jQuery. Ember.js and/or similar frameworks would be a plus.
- Passionate about optimization and scaling to accommodate a growing number of end users. The feeling of finding a better way to do something is priceless.
- Care about the user experience. Everyone is always thinking about the user and ways we can improve the workflow. We have some great UI/UX designers who can assist you.
- Excellent communication skills. We communicate constantly via messaging & video about ideas, issues, and to help each other out.
- A desire to be part of a small team where hierarchy is not encouraged, everyone's input matters, your work has a high impact, and everyone is working together.
- Being able to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it.
- Join an agile & growing team focused on innovating small business marketing (Team of 22)
- 401k with dollar to dollar matching
- Free medical/dental insurance
- Free transportation (CTA or Metra)
- Flexible paid vacation & holidays
- Casual work atmosphere
- Choose your work setup
with a brief history of your development experience, resume, and some code examples.