ActiveCampaign is a marketing platform focused on email marketing & marketing automation for small businesses. We have been profitable for over 11 years with both revenue & user growth every single year. Building a company & platform that we believe in (and that we are proud of) is at our core.
We are looking for a talented full stack developer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our growing client base.
While we have an office in Chicago, we are looking for the best fit whether you are near Chicago or a thousand miles away. We have people in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, & Australia. Decent time overlap with the CST timezone is preferred.
Some things your day could consist of:
- Brainstorming with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas or investigate tricky bugs.
- Optimizing existing functionality for improved response times.
- Prototyping code with your first draft, then polishing later, in a dedicated developer environment.
- Debugging and resolving platform issues reported by our users.
- Letting creative ideas rule the day; don't settle for the first solution, search for the right one.
- Roll out a new feature and analyze (and react) to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback.
What is needed:
- Excellent communication skills. We communicate constantly via messaging & video about ideas, issues, and to help each other out.
- A desire to be part of a small team where hierarchy is not encouraged, everyone's input matters, your work has a high impact, and everyone is working together.
- Extensive & proven experience with PHP, MySQL, & jQuery. Other languages and systems are a plus.
- Passionate about optimization and scaling to accommodate a growing number of end users. The feeling of finding a better way to do something is priceless.
- Care about the user experience. Everyone is always thinking about the user and ways we can improve the workflow. We have some great UI/UX designers who can assist you.
- Being able to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it.
- Join an agile & growing team focused on innovating small business marketing (Team of 14)
- 401k with dollar to dollar matching
- Free medical/dental insurance
- Free transportation (CTA or Metra)
- Flexible paid vacation & holidays
- Casual work atmosphere
- Choose your work setup (Most of us choose a MacBook Air with Thunderbolt displays)
- Chicago location that you can work from. Or work remote like many of us do.
with a brief history of your development experience, resume, and some code examples.